Meet SmartFLOW Teacher Trainer,Tiffany Russo
Class & Info Session for 200/500-hour certification program
30 Day/$30 DOES NOT apply to this class. Fee is $15.00
(See details on "News & Updates" tab)
MAX STROM RETURNS to BETTER BODIES YOGA
Friday, June 28 & Saturday, June 29
~The 30 Days for $30.00 STARTS the day the card is purchased~
Beyond the threshold of our magnificent doors, you will find a time and space dedicated to discovering and exploring the benefits of Hatha Yoga. Root, grow, blossom, and nurture yourself as you open your mind, soul, spirit, and body to infinite possibilities and your own unlimited potential in a non-judgmental environment.
Inspired by their own training, experience, and interests, our certified yoga teachers perceive their students as whole individuals, celebrating your differences and addressing your challenges. Their knowledge and energy is combined with a variety of tools including yoga props, pranayama, meditation, heat, and the Great Yoga Wall to guide students on a journey toward mental, physical, and spiritual growth and balance. Whether your yoga practice begins today or is decades long, you will find guidance, encouragement, and support.
Open 7 days a week and closed in the middle of the day M-F
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I wear?
Wear breathable and non-restrictive clothing that allows freedom of movement. Clothing should be tight enough or shirt tucked into pants so it will not fall over your head when on all fours. Yoga is practiced with bare feet. If cold natured, wear layers of clothing that can be peeled off during class. We also sell socks specifically made for yoga.
What should I bring?
If you have your own yoga mat (also called sticky mat), bring it to class. We have mats for sale and rent in addition to a mat storage program. See pricing for details. A Yogitoe towel is required for hot classes and may also be purchased or rented at the studio. Many people bring water bottles and hand towels to class. We have a vending machine in BBY1 with water for sale costing $1.00.
Should I bring my own props?
Yoga straps, blankets, blocks, bolsters, and other needed props are abundantly available for your use in the studio; it is not necessary to bring your own unless you want to.
Should I eat before class and what?
It is best to do yoga on a semi empty stomach. Avoid foods that cause digestive problems such as spicy foods. A light snack is best.
Where should I park?
You can park in front of or behind the main Better Bodies Yoga building at 692 W. Brookhaven Circle; in front of and behind the second building at 696 W. Brookhaven Circle; or in front of and behind the next building over at 700 W. Brookhaven Circle. If parking at 700 W. Brookhaven Circle, you can walk through the yoga garden from the back parking lot to the second and main buildings. (Please remember to close the far gate after walking through.)
Where do I check in for class?
All students must pay and check in at the main building prior to attending any classes, workshops, and private lessons. If you have signed up on-line, you still need to check in before class in the main building first to let the reception staff know you are here.
How early should I come to class?
Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the beginning of class in order to put your belongings up, gather the props needed for class as listed on the dry erase board, and take a moment to calm and center yourself.
How much are classes & do they expire?
There are many options to choose from. Various sized class card packages are available in addition to a single class walk-in price. The larger the class card, the less expensive an individual class costs and the longer the expiration date is. Classes may be purchased in the studio or online. Please refer to the “Pricing Options” Tab on this website.
Where & how do I purchase classes?
Class cards may be purchased in the studio or online. See “Pricing Options” Tab.
What is the best way to learn the poses?
By attending a variety of classes and by learning from different teachers will expose you to a multitude of instruction styles. Workshops are also an excellent way to learn in addition to taking a private lesson occasionally.
How often should I practice yoga?
Ideally yoga should be practiced 6 days a week. Some days practices should be more vigorous, others gentle, and yet on the rest, they should be more alignment based. Growing a practice in this manner prevents boredom, gives us the opportunity to learn the correct postural alignment, to implement what you've learned, and to allow the body to acclimate at a safe rate with discernment.
Which classes should I start in first?
In the main building you will find printed schedules with highlighted classes that are appropriate for beginning students to attend. If you attend a class that is too advanced for you, leave within the first 20 minutes and tell the receptionist immediately who will help direct you to a different class that is more appropriate for your level. If you are still not sure where to start, please ask the reception staff who will direct you to someone who can guide you, all you have to do is ask.
When should I move to a higher level class?
We have many different classes, levels, and times available. Please ask your teachers for guidance or talk to the reception staff, who will direct you to someone who can direct you to the appropriate classes.
Should I go to only one teacher?
If there was one yoga style or set of poses that was right for every student, then we would all be practicing exactly the same way. At BBY we honor and support diversity and encourage you to venture throughout the studio, taking instruction from all of our teaching staff. Not only will your yoga practice be more balanced, you will be able to always find a class that you can benefit from thus, accommodating life’s endless changes.
Do you offer scholarships or discounts?
We always offer a special discount for seniors (55 & over), Military, and students with proper ID. We do not have any “pay what you can” classes on our schedule however; we will give everyone who has a sincere desire to practice yoga regardless of their financial situation the opportunity to do so on an individual and confidential basis. If that is the case for you or someone you know, please call the office to set up a 15 minute free private appointment with Karen.
Do you have a teacher training program?
Yes, we have a 200-hour Yoga Alliance teacher training certification program every other year with the next one starting in 2013. We are also currently working on offering a 300-hour program too. If you are interested please see Karen.
Please check our website regularly for class changes, substitutions, specials, workshops, holiday hours, closings, & cancellations. Please do not rely on our printable schedule for current information; we keep the website updated daily.
|Class Schedule: - Tuesday, May 21, 2013|
- 06:00 am Vinyasa Flow: All Levels: Susan
- 09:00 am All Levels Yoga: Beginners Welcome: Janet
- 09:15 am Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga~Primary Series: Amy
- 11:00 am Yoga with Weights: Trish
- 11:15 am Gentle Beginners: New To Yoga Welcome: Julie
- 05:30 pm Basic Beginners: New to Yoga Welcome: Debbie
- 06:00 pm All Levels Yoga: Beginners Welcome: Kevin
- 07:30 pm Vinyasa Flow: All Levels: Debbie
|CLASS SUBSTITUTIONS |
Week of May 20 - May 26
- Monday, May 20: 5:30 pm: Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Karen is subbing for Mary Ellen
- Tuesday, May 21: 9:15 am: Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga: Karen is subbing for Amy
- Wednesday, May 22: 10:30 am: Basic Beginners: Julie is subbing for Jessica
- Wednesday, May 22: 4:30 pm: Hot Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Susan is subbing for Mary Ellen
- Saturday, May 25: 12:00 pm: Basic Beginners: Julie is subbing for Jessica
- Saturday, May 25: 1:30 pm: Yoga Class for Cancer Patients: Julie is subbing for Jessica
Week of May 27 - June 2
- Monday, May 27: 5:30 pm: Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Karen is subbing for Mary Ellen
- Wednesday, May 29: 10:30 am: Basic Beginners: Julie is subbing for Jessica
- Wednesday, May 29: 4:30 pm: Hot Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Susan is subbing for Mary Ellen
Week of June 3 - June 9
- Sunday, June 2: 10:15 am: Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Tiffany Russo is teaching a special SmartFLOW class instead of Janet
- Monday, June 3: 5:30 pm: Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Karen is subbing for Mary Ellen
- Wednesday, June 5: 4:30 pm: Hot Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Susan is subbing for Mary Ellen
Week of June 10 - June 16
- Monday, June 10: 5:30 pm: Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Karen is subbing for Mary Ellen
- Wednesday, June 12: 4:30 pm: Hot Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Susan is subbing for Mary Ellen
Week of June 17 - June 23
- Monday, June 17: 5:30 pm: Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Karen is subbing for Mary Ellen
- Tuesday, June 18: 11:15 am: Gentle Beginners: Steve is subbing for Julie
- Wednesday, June 19: 4:30 pm: Hot Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Susan is subbing for Mary Ellen
- Friday, June 21: 11:15 am: Extra Gentle Yoga: Josie is subbing for Julie
Week of June 24 - June 30
- Monday, June 24: 5:30 pm: Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Karen is subbing for Mary Ellen
- Tuesday, June 25: 11:15 am: Gentle Beginners: Steve is subbing for Julie
- Wednesday, June 26: 4:30 pm: Hot Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Susan is subbing for Mary Ellen
Week of July 1 - July 7
- Monday, July 1: 10:30 am: Basic Beginners: Julie is subbing for Josie
- Monday, July 1: 5:30 pm: Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Karen is subbing for Mary Ellen
- Wednesday, July 3: 4:30 pm: Hot Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Susan is subbing for Mary Ellen
- Wednesday, July 3: 5:30 pm: All Levels Yoga Combo: Karen is subbing for Josie
Week of July 8 - July 14
- Monday, July 8: 10:30 am: Basic Beginners: Julie is subbing for Josie
- Monday, July 8: 5:30 pm: Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Karen is subbing for Mary Ellen
- Wednesday, July 10: 4:30 pm: Hot Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Susan is subbing for Mary Ellen
Week of July 15 - July 21
- Monday, July 15: 5:30 pm: Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Karen is subbing for Mary Ellen
- Wednesday, July 17: 4:30 pm: Hot Vinyasa Flow Level 2: Susan is subbing for Mary Ellen
Click here for more information
Click here for more information
SmartFLOW Teacher Training
Become a yoga teacher at either the 200 or 500 level! One program - both levels!
Click here for more information
Class Card Picture Policy
For your protection and identity purposes only, your picture will need to be taken by our reception staff in order to purchase class cards or to use a swipe keytag for check-in. If you own a keytag and do not have a picture or agree to take one for identification purposes only, the reception staff will ask you to return your keytag. We will never share or show your pictures to others. We appreciate your compliance. A picture is not required for a walk-in student.
Sign Up Online To Ensure Your Spot In The Following Classes
(The classes listed below have a maximum # of students who can enter)
9:00 am: All Levels Yoga w/ Janet
4:30 pm: Hot Vinyasa Flow w/ Mary Ellen
5:30 pm: All Levels Yoga, Pilates, Wall w/ Josie
Pricing & Card Extension Policy
Please familiarize yourself with the following & keep this information in mind when making purchases:
*We have changed pricing on some of the class cards.
*We have lengthened the expiration dates on class cards to give Patrons enough time to use them.
*We have eliminated all class card extensions.
*Expired classes are automatically deleted.
*There will be no more class card extensions under any circumstance.
Class Check-In Procedure for All Classes in BBY1 & 2
ALL STUDENTS MUST SIGN IN & PAY in the MAIN BUILDING (BBY1) PRIOR to TAKING CLASS or RECEIVING SERVICES.
Check-in Procedure for ALL Classes, Privates, Workshops, & Meditation Students in BBY1 & BBY2
Please go to the Main Building Prior to All Classes & Services to Check-In OR
Go To "Pricing Tab" & Click On "Sign Up Here"
*Please Read Online Check-In Cancellation & Refund Policy Before Registering for a Class.
Thank you in advance for your understanding & cooperation!
The neighborhood watch has informed us of a male in the area who has been stealing wallets from inside cars & business establishments. Please leave your valuables @ home or carry the "minimal" amount needed with you into the yoga room while practicing. (no larger than a letter size manila envelope to keep clutter down in the practice space please)Thank you!
Hot Class Age Policy
Please read our studio policies carefully before bringing young students under the age of 16 with you to an adult yoga class; especially to the HOT YOGA classes where no one under the age is 16 is admitted. Sorry, no exceptions.
Class Coin Policy as of April 2012
Unfortunately, all free class coins are considered expired and we will no longer be accepting them as a valid entry into any class. Thank you for your understanding; we apologize if this causes any inconvenience.
Bike Rack in Back of BBY1
Please secure your bike and all of your belongings, use a lock. Better Bodies Yoga, LLC assumes NO responsibility or liability for your personal property if damaged, lost, or stolen - park at your own risk.
Better Bodies Yoga Inclement Weather Policy
Better Bodies Yoga Closes if the Shelby County Schools Close